1. On September 16 and 17, the "European Heritage Days" will be held in Vaison Ventoux Provence!
A weekend of tours, workshops and lectures to delve into history, explore the past, listen to fascinating stories, appreciate the timeless beauty of this impressive architecture and its hidden treasures.
A rich and varied program awaits you to visit these free sites, which are often only open for the occasion!
Discover the complete program of the European Heritage Days in Vaison Ventoux Provence :
2. Open your eyes and let yourself be carried away by the typical Provencal villages that surround Vaison-la-Romaine!
Beyond the gentle pace of life and the beauty and diversity of the countryside, you can discover calades, ramparts, campaniles, fountains and gateways steeped in history all year round... a range of sumptuous discoveries that are just waiting to be admired and photographed, so that you can keep sweet memories of your escapades.
Don't hesitate to share your best shots with us by mentioning #vaisonventouxprovence on our networks.
Explore the villages of Vaison Ventoux Provence and you're sure to fall in love with the hidden gems, history, art and architecture that make these small villages so unique. The best way to discover these wonders is to wander from alley to alley, letting yourself be guided from surprise to surprise!
3. To find out all about these marvels, guides with a wealth of knowledge and experience can accompany you and reveal anecdotes through captivating stories! Past customs, heritage, cultural heritage and more will hold no secrets for you!
- The city of Vaison-la-Romaine's tour guides regularly organize guided tours of its archaeological sites, including the ancient theater and the Théo Desplans museum. Currently, until September 29, every day (except Saturday) at 2.30pm, a guided tour of the Puymin site is organized. Throughout the year, group visits can be organized by prior arrangement.
Information on 04 90 36 50 48 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish, you can take an audio-guided tour and discover the history of Vaison-la-Romaine over the course of a day, as you wish. The audio-guide (multilingual and children's version in French) is available from the archaeological museum for €2, in addition to the pass ticket.
*The pass includes admission to both ancient sites and the museum. Price: €9/adult - €4 for 10/17 year-olds and free for children under 9.
- Pas d'Histoire' with Mélanie Bienfait, a guide and storyteller specializing in Roman antiquity and with an unmistakable Provence accent, organizes tours of Vaison-la-Romaine and the villages of Crestet, Puyméras and Séguret. In the form of guided tours, lectures or storytelling performances, Mélanie takes you on a journey through the history of her country.
Information on 06 34 65 44 85 or by email: email@example.com